Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Cathy's Story

My good friend Cathy asked me to post a very humorous story of hers. Below is the story and it is hilarious. Not suitable for anyone below the age of 13.

Maybe 12, depending on where you are from.



"I'm typing away at my desk, reading email and checking orders for today, when I get an email from her about some little boy dying of cancer. I hear her say she doesn't know if it's true, so I lean back and say, "Tracy. Come here. We're going to find out about this right now." I go to Snopes.com and find it and tell her not to send me those chain letters again. But she's curious about this site now, and goes back to her cube and pulls up the site and I go back to work.

It's quiet for about a minute or so before I hear, "ew... Is that true? Can that happen?" I'm afraid to ask, so I stay quiet and I hear someone else ask for me and the answer is something about semen. I don't want to know, but the conversation continues. Finally, I can't stand it anymore and I answer them both, "NO." End of discussion? Of course not! She leans back and asks me (with the other girl leaning in as though she doesn't know either.... and she didn't),
"You can't get pregnant from swallowing it?"

I stare at her for a few moments....is she serious?

"No" I say, "You can't."

"But it's still going down there, isn't it?"

"....." So many things are going through my mind, but I decide to be nice and kindly remind her of certain reasons why it is not possible.

Now think about this for just a moment. The two women I'm speaking to are in their early thirties, with two children each.... and they're asking *me* with genuine curiosity and ignorance. :)

*tsk tsk tsk* These are moments that make work fun for me. The people." ~ Cathy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home