Monday, April 25, 2005

Once more . . .WITH FEELING!!!!

I was at a family outing, drawing pictures for the kids. They would tell me what to draw and I would draw it for them, creating a massive laugh. Then one of my crusty old aunts came by and said, "Oh, look, Jason is drawing his stick men!"

I gritted my teeth and held in my anger. The word "stickman" has plagued my cartoonism for some time. Then one of the kids spoke up and said, "That's not a stickman!"

"Thanks, kid." I told him.

So, to make sure everyone is educated properly, I intend to give this little demonstration AGAIN.

I draw what are known as Bubblemen. Characters with form and depth. They have hands, legs, feet, hair, FACIAL EXPRESSION. Yes, they are missing noses and ears but give me a break, people! This is a cartoon! You can see the Bubbleman on the right hand side of the below drawing.

To the left is the traditional and ONLY stickman. Which is essence is five lines combined to form a body (seven if you count the feet) and a dot for a head. In truth, a walking match stick! Which, of course, LOOKS NOTHING LIKE MY MEN AT ALL!!!

*whew*, Okay I am calm now. It is Monday, after all. I hope this has been informative for everyone, and as Sean Connery said in The Untouchables, "Here Endth the Lesson."

. Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home