Monday, May 23, 2005

The Generation Gap

Myself, My brother and our younger cousin were hanging out at our house, while we decided to watch music videos. We clicked it over to VH1 classic, like we always do. The only difference was this time our cousin was with it, who is a good 12 years younger than us. During the 80's, he was just a baby. Therefore watching this videos was a little bit of culture shock to say the least.

The TV began to play Nena's 99 Luft Balloons.

"Who is that?" Our cousin asked, "I've heard this song before."

"That's Nena. This was her best song in the 80's." I told him.

"Did she have more than one hit?" my cousin asked.

"No, this was her only one." My brother chuckled.

"Well, I can definitely see why, " he pointed toward the screen, "You can't be in an All Girl Band and only have one good looking chick."

Sometimes the Generation Gap can be funny. My brother and I proceeded to laugh hyserically at what our younger cousin said. He looked at us for a few seconds, wondering what he said that made us laugh so hard. After I was done and my stomach hurt from the laughing, I informed him, "Dude, she is the only woman in that band."

"No way!"He said, getting up and walking the tv to have a better look. "These are guys? But they are wearing lipstick! Girlie lipstick!"

"It was common among the 80's bands," my brother pointed out, "Not exactly our generation's proudest moment."

"I'll say, YUCK," My cousin said, sitting back down.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! I was only a kid in the 80's also and haven't ever heard of them either! How funny! Since the Lost-tv site is down, I'm checking out your other stuff...pretty funny stuff!!

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home