Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Royal Wedding

The darkness had enveloped the land. Bugs that swam in the night sky flooded the area. They could tell something was happening. The Ant Herders and the Fairies all knew; something big was about to happen.

A king and queen were about to become one.

Lord Fenris took a deep breath and exhaled. He looked at his black cloak and dusted it off. The wolf lord checked his sleeves and took off nearly every piece of lint he could find. “Father, will you relax? Please?” his son Ashley begged.

Fenris paused and smiled. He rubbed his face vigorously; hoping to remove the fear from him. “I don’t know why I am so nervous, Ash.” He whispered, “There is nothing left me for me to fear.”

“It’s typical, father.” The wolf prince dusted off the back of the cloak for him, “Red Sonja is a wonderful woman. She will make a worthy queen of Gardovia.”

The tall man looked at his son and gently placed his hands on his shoulders. “You’re not upset?” he asked, “Believe me when I say she can never take your mother’s place.”

“I know that, father. Nor do I also accept the fact that you must be alone.” He patted his arms, “This . . . .this is the right thing to do.”

Fenris embraced his son. “Thank you, son. I love you.”

“I love you too, father.”

“My lords.” The wolf captain Stillgard whispered, “Our future queen approaches.”

Fenris had managed to assemble the majority of his loyalists that were purged from Gardovia. Those, among his new friends, were worthy to attend his wedding. In the darkness several human servants followed the red queen. Sonja smiled at friends, draped a soft white gown, and cloak. Fenris was frozen; her beauty had always captivated him. Ashley smirked as he saw his father immobilized. He calmly placed up his hood for him and tapped his back; to make sure the sword was there. The wolf prince then gently shoved him forward. Lord Fenris walked up and met Sonja. The warrior smiled at his strong and rugged features. The wolf lord gently held out his hand and she took it. He then led her into the glowing temple of Luna.

Inside the old wizard Maveck was waiting for him. He calmly rose from his sitting position as his monk followers were lighting torches around the temple. Fenris and Sonja approached him; standing side by side. The old wizard smiled at the wolf lord, as he was a long teacher to the man many years ago. It gave him pride to seem him take another queen. The werewolves, friends and others loyal to Fenris stood by his side, as did Sonja’s followers stand by her. Maveck had chosen to begin. “Warriors . . . .wolves . . .humans and brethren alike . . .we are gathered here to witness the union of two of our lands greatest warriors. Lord Arthur Fenris, revered wolf lord and Red Sonja, warrior queen and stout defender of those long forgotten.”

Fenris and Sonja smiled at each other as the wizard continued.

“The bonds of a man and woman are strong,” Maveck smiled, “The bonds between a king and queen are even stronger. For their love, they must defend their kingdoms and apply forgiveness before applying vengeance. It is spoken in the old way as it is spoken today. We see not the joining of kingdoms; we see the joining of two souls. Now . . .present the swords.”

Fenris calmly pulled out a sword with a golden handle, plus three holes in the bottom of the blade. Sonja pulled out a long sword with a darken place and two handed hilt. The two warrior turned to each other and held the swords to their right sides. Sonja gently put hand on the golden hilt and Fenris put his hand on the huge hilt. “You may speak your vows.” Maveck smiled.

Fenris took a deep breath and smiled. The redheaded warrior grinned at his nervousness; gently biting her lower lip. “Red Sonja.” Fenris smiled, “You are many things to me. You are a friend. You are a lover. You are a soul mate. I have . . . .I have gone many years without knowing what love was really like. The night I held you in my arms as you needed me was the night I knew I would do anything for you. I . . .I have no kingdom as of yet but I will reclaim it one day. I had nothing to give you but you loved me anyway. You are my light, Red Sonja. I know you will free me from darkness. For our love and our union, I give you this sword. It’s name is Windsong . . .because the three special punctures in the blade give it a singing voice as it glides through the air. It was taken from an insane warrior princess in the Himalayas. In your hands, it will bring justice.”

Fenris removed his hand from the Windsong and allowed Sonja to caress its golden hilt. It felt good in her hands and she knew it would be used for righteousness. “Sonja, you make speak your vows.” Maveck told her.

The warrior queen smiled at the wolf lord who was about to become her husband. “Fenris . . .my wolf lord . . .my king. You don’t know what I was going through. You don’t know how deep I was in despair and self hate. You pulled me from that. You rescued me. In was in that moment, I didn’t fall in love with you; I fell in love with your soul. It glowed me to me and I saw beyond the wolf; I saw the man inside. The king, the warrior and the lover. Our lives will forever be entwined and I will enjoy standing by your side. Your enemies will be my enemies and there will be nothing we can’t overcome together. For our love and our union, I give you this sword. It’s name is Black Razor . . . .for it is able to harness the power of the Lord Hades. It was taken from a Rage Monk in the kingdom of Slayvian. It is said only those will the power can wield it for good or evil . . . .I know you will turn it into a force of good for your people.”

Sonja removed her hand from the long hilt and Fenris took the sword. The Black Razor sparkled a little in the blade, accepting it’s new master. The two lovers started at each other, awaiting the next and last part of the marriage ceremony. “The removal of cloaks.” Maveck said to the people near them.

A young maiden came up and removed the cloak from the head of Red Sonja. Ashley came up behind his father and removed his cloak. The two took a step closer to each other, holding both their hands as their servants collected their swords. Maveck held up his hands as small bursts of yellow fire erupted from his fingertips. “The swords have been exchanged, your souls laid bare . . . .Now a simple kiss will seal this union.” He spoke majestically.

Fenris leaned in and closed his eyes. Sonja closed her eyes as she felt his breath begin to caress her clips. Their lips finally touch; a kiss of longing, a kiss of passion. Fenris held her close and Sonja could feel the passion burning inside her. She squeezed his hands as she kissed him. Then they slowly parted as Fenris gazed into her green eyes and she gazed up into his glowing yellow eyes. “My queen.” He whispered.

“My king.” She replied.

The two warriors turned and faced their friends, family and disciples. Ashley was the first to kneel and the other’s slowly followed. Stillgard then pulled out his sword and held it up. The other warriors then presented their swords and weapons. Maveck walked up then held out his hands; shooting flame from his palms into the darkness of the sky, lighting up their surroundings. “MY FRIENDS!!!” he bellowed, “I GIVE YOU . . .KING FENRIS AND QUEEN SONJA!!!”

“HAIL! HAIL! HAIL! HAIL!” the warriors chanted.

Fenris smiled at his friends and Sonja felt like she was on top of the world. They both knew; it as only the beginning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home