Thursday, March 10, 2005

Another day At the Office

I wait in my pod for my first call. As I am waiting, Super Nerd comes up to me, stinking slightly. I turn my nose away from him. "Commander, may I ask you a question?" he asks.

"No," I say firmly.

"Are you curious about everything?" he asks anyway.

"What do you mean, everything?" I respond.

"The world, the history, the universe, the cosmos, everything. Don't you ever wonder where it all came from?"

"I don't waste my time thinking about such shit. Life is too short."

"Indeed. WHY is Life short? Why can't we live forever? Is the coincedences just coincedence or do they actually mean anything?"

"You DID take your medication, right?" I ask him.

"Commander, have you ever transcended time and space?" Super Nerd asks me.

"Yes," I immediately reply, then close my eyes. "No, wait. I've transcended time, not space. Wait, wait, I don't know what you are talking about."

"I just want to know if this crude matter is all that there is. Is there nothing more?"

"I don't have your answers, Super Nerd." I tell him.

"But sir . . .YOU are the commander!"

"I AM NOT YOUR FREAKING COMMANDER!!!" I bellow at the top of my lungs.

The little freak remains aloof for a second, then turns around and goes back to his pod.

I gently pinch the bridge of my nose, wondering if I will be spared a headache today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home