Thursday, February 02, 2006

Tech Support Call of the Day

I do my best to help every single customer I can. But there are those unfortunate incidents where something things are out of my hands.

I had just spoken with a customer. He had made a backup from a windows 98 machine and then tried to restore it into a Windows XP machine. It failed on the three sets of backup disks he used. Then I figured it's a windows platform issue.

I advised him to get some new diskettes and REFORMAT them inside the windows xp system. Then take those diskettes to the windows 98 machine, make a new backup, then proceed to restore. About 9 times out of 10, this always works.

The customer proceeded to reformat a brand new diskette . . . .

Please insert disk into drive.

Customer = "What the hell is going on? The disk is in the damn drive."

Jason = "It is in, sir?"

Customer = "Yes! I just said it was!"

Jason = "I am so sorry, sir. That could only mean that the a drive isn't working."

ackward pause.

Jason = "Sir?"

Customer = "Tell you are lying."

Jason = "Sir, I don't want to tell you this but it's the only logical conclusion left."

Customer = (beep) (beep)

Jason = "I am sorry sir, but it is the only-"

Customer = "Oh, I know it's the only (beep) (Beep) logical conclusion. That is why I am pissed! Oh, that (beep)ing (beep) ! They never hooked up my A drive! Son of a (beep)!"

Jason = "I am sorry this happened, sir."

Customer = "Oh, you just ruined my day. Oh, that (beep)ing . . . .I am gonna kill him."

Jason = "Uh . ..anything else you need sir?"

customer then hung up the phone.


I hope he gets another A drive and doesn't do anything drastic. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home