Monday, January 03, 2005

First day of Peak Season = Done

After my shift was over, I had to wait to make sure the queque got cleared. Well, the secondary queque at any rate. The main queue still had over a hundred call holdings but my shift was over. I logged out and had to accept I only did 37 calls today. I could have done better.

I gathered up my things and walked out the back way. New Recruit was already outside, leaning up against the power generator. I couldn't tell but it looked like he threw up. "You okay?" I asked him.

"I think so." he coughed.

"Rough day?" I asked him.

"Yeah." he said.

"They'll get rougher." I inform him.

"So I've heard." he retorts.

"You going home now?"

"I was."

"Well, then you've just completed the first rule of Peak season." I smile.

The New Recruit looks to me.

"When your shift is over, make sure you go home SANE." I laugh, and then turn around to walk away, "Here endth the lesson."

I could start to hear the New Recruit laughing as I got in my car.

mu

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home