Thursday, January 06, 2005

The weather had changed

I woke up outside in the middle of my break, with a chill down my spine. It wasn't out of fear of the call volume, it was the weather.

I got out of my car, and took a deep breath. Not only was it raining, but I could barely see my breath. I think if I saw my breath, that puts it at 55 degrees or less. The WeatherMan missed this one.

I came back into the building to get warm. I checked the call volume on my computer and there are 196 people still waiting. We'll get to them. We always do.

I walk over to check on my friends. Queen Bee is looking disturbed. I walk up to her and she has a frightened look on her face. "What's wrong?" I ask.

"There are six zombies . . . .in the phantom queue!" she shrieks.

She hands me her headset and I listen it. My ears are filled with a mixture of moans, groans, and begging to us to help them boot up their programs. I quickly hand her back her headset, not able to take their pleas anymore. "Poor souls." I mutter, "We'll never get to them."

"What can we do?" she asks.

"Nothing we can do. But we'll never stop working to try and find out what they want."

Time to head back into the primary queue. At least I can help the people I can reach.

mu

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home