Monday, April 18, 2005

Elasped time : 34 minutes

This customer called in and needed to have an old company deleted. The procedure for our program is to find the folder which contains the company data and delete it.

Simple, yes?

Yeah, and what planet do you live on?

Call begins : 00:00

"All right, sir, close out ofyour program and double click on My Computer." I tell him.

"All right." he responds.

"Now double click on the Local Hard drive C."

"Wait . . .wait . . . .hold, on . . .wait . . .wait . . .wait . . .wait, wait . . .All, right, I got it . .. no, wait . . .wait . . .wait . .Here we go. Double click on My computer, you said?"

"Yes, sir, now double click on the c drive."

"Wait . . .wait . . .wait . . .wait . . . ."

Call Continues : 05:45

"All righty then, c drive. What's next?"

"Double click on Program Files."

"I don't have that."

"Yes, you do, sir. It's at the bottom of the list. These are in alphabetical order."

"Wait . . .wait . . .wait . . . .I think this is . . .No, wait . . .wait."

Call Continues : 12:38

"Have you found it yet, sir?"

"Not yet. I am working on it."

"Take your time, sir," I slowly sigh.

Call Continues : 26:12

"Holy (Beep) I got it. Now what?"

"Double click on the Program directory."

"Wait . . .wait . . .Okay, I got it."

"You sure?"

"I think so. Yeah, I got it."

"Locate your company directory."

"wait . . .wait . . .wait . . .wait . . .wait . . . wait . . .wait . . . This is it. . . No, wait, it ain't . . .wait . . .Okay, I got it!"

"Delete it, sir." I tell him.

"How do I do that?" he responds.

"Click on it once and press Delete on your keyboard."

"wait . . .wait . . .Oh, damn, that ain't delete . . . wait . . .wait . Okay, press Delete. Now what?"

"Hit yes on the screen."

"Got it."

"That's it, sir. You're all set."

"Lord a'mercy, thank you for your patience."

"It's not a problem sir, you have a wonderful day and thank you for choosing Primary Software."

Call ends : 34:08

I type in my call notes and my friend the Cook pops up and motions with his hand like he is drinking a beer. "Look at it this way, It's happy Hour in France!" he laughs.

After that call, it was tempting but in the end, I settled for a diet pepsi.

It settled my nerves a little bit. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Tabor said...

i am married to one of these guys...have patience, they are really nice in the real world.

6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home