Monday, April 18, 2005

Jason VS. The Hornet

The calls had been dragging. The people who were calling in were half asleep and as a result, they were putting me to sleep as well. The time seemed to drag with each call and I felt more tired than I was thirty minutes earlier. The nap was going to feel great.

I logged out for my lunch, used the bathroom and made my way outside. The sun was beating down and it was semi-hot. So I have to take my nap in the passenger side of my car, cause it's completely covered in shadow thanks to the trees and the position of the sun. As I open my door, this hornet then flys in from nowhere. "OH, you mother (BEEP), " I cursed, as I dove in after him.

The Hornet struggled against the glass side of the driver's side window, and I quickly grabbed a notebook from the floorboard. I pinned the little sucker against the glass, cutting him in half. He manages to slip away and I lose drag of him.

I spend the next minute trying to spot the little bastard and then he flies in and lands on the driver's side, half of his tail hanging off. I slap him a few time with the notebook and he's still alive! I scoop him up with with the rings of the notebook and fling him onto the asphault. I promptly squash him my shoe, ending both his suffering and mine. I stand for a few moment, exhaling through my nose while a bead of sweat trickles off my forehead.

Well, hell. Now I am awake. Thanks a lot, Mr. Hornet.

I decide to get in my car and go get a whopper. Since I ain't gonna sleep, I decide to get some food.

Next best thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home