Friday, January 07, 2005

The Afternoon Rolls By

After my nap was over, I am back in. Most of the soldiers had gathered at the Mess Hall but they were whispers floating around that they ran out of food. Not sure about that though.

I just stopped by to grab a coke to wash the taste of the tea out of my mouth.

I walk back to my desk and then walk nearly into a fellow co-worker. A co-worker I haven't seen in three years.

He smiles at my presence. He has his usual tie, and suit, not to mention red eyes and horns coming out of his forehead. "Jason." he whispers.

"Beezle." I reply, opening my coke.

"It's so great to be back. Did you know I was with the New Hires?"

"No, I didn't know."

"I must admit I am suprised to see you in the call center, Jason." Beezle says.

"And why is that?"

"Well, truth be told, I heard you were dead."

"You heard that, huh?" I laugh.

"Yeah, I heard some customer broke your bloody neck over a password related issue."

"Heard that one myself, Beezle. Hell, even I thought I was dead. Turns out I was just in Doraville."

"Ah." the demon-boy hisses at me.

"Be seeing you." I say, brushing past him.

The fact that Beezle is here doesn't sit well with me. He corrupted the souls of co-workers in the past and he might do it again. I'll keep an eye on him. Kane will more than likely help me.

Damn, this coke tastes good.

mu

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home